Shabbat shalom, mishpocah/family/friends! As always a synopsis of this week’s Torah portion can be found on our website. This particular Torah portion brings us to the end of the Book of Genesis. In this Book alone we have witnessed the following:
- The Creation of the entire universe
- The creation of man
- The Fall of man and his eviction from the Garden of Eden
- The world becoming so decadent that YHWH destroyed it by flood
- The rebuilding of mankind through Noah and his family
- The acceptance of YHWH and His Torah by Abraham the pagan Chaldean
- The life stories of our three Patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
- The revelation the Tribe of Y'hudah being special (Genesis 49:10 tells us "the scepter will not pass from Y'hudah"...Y'shua our Messiah came from the Tribe of Y'hudah. Micah 4:2 reveals Y'hudah would ultimately be tasked to safeguard and preserve YHWH's Torah....)
- The origin of the Twelve Tribes of Israel
Please click on the parasha link above to get into the “meat” of this week’s Torah portion as we continue with the story of Yosef and see how the stage is set … and how the bloodline to the Mashiyach/Messiah is established (Genesis 49:10)! Though the story is well known, it's exciting to contemplate what lies ahead in our upcoming readings!
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated.