Shabbat shalom, everyone. This week’s Torah study can be found here on our website.
This Torah portion brought us to the end of the Book of Genesis. In the Book of Genesis alone we have witnessed the following:
- The Creation of the entire universe
- The creation of man
- The Fall of man and his eviction from the Garden of Eden
- The world becoming so decadent that YHWH destroyed it by flood
- The rebuilding of mankind through Noah and his family
- The acceptance of YHWH and His Torah by Abraham the pagan Chaldean
- The life stories of our three Patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
- The revelation the Tribe of Y'hudah being special (Genesis 49:10 tells us "the scepter will not pass from Y'hudah"...Y'shua our Messiah came from the Tribe of Y'hudah. Micah 4:2 reveals Y'hudah would ultimately be tasked to safeguard and preserve YHWH's Torah....)
- The origin of the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
For more, please read our synopsis along with all the recommended readings.