"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isaiah 5:20, 24 KJVA)
I recently saw the above on the wall of a Y’shua rejecter and thought of several ways this applies to many of today’s supposed “believers”:
- WOE to those who twist Scripture to suit their own purposes and dare speak against YHWH’s Divine Messiah, Y’shua!
- WOE to those who twist the Word to try to force it to line up with their own theology and ideas about God – which they then try to pass off as Truth.
- WOE to those who have never actually read the Bible, but are here on Facebook, picking up all sorts of “ear-tickling” things from others - which they then use in their attempts to “teach and preach” with authority ….
- WOE to those who proclaim to be Believers, yet see nothing wrong with cussing, telling dirty jokes, committing adultery, lying, cheating, being verbally or physically abusive; or engaging in sexual perversion of any kind.
- WOE to those pretending to be Bible scholars and “pastors” etc., when they’ve never even read the Bible through one time; let alone, taken any classes to expand their Bible knowledge. (Many today seem to think THEY have the knowledge, experience and authority to teach themselves when it comes to Scripture. Unfortunately, they often don’t have the proper education, discernment or understanding to be able to accurately dissect the Word. No matter how much they try to convince you that they’ve “done their own research,” the fact of the matter is, much of their “knowledge” comes from what they gleaned from Facebook and other self-proclaimed Internet “scholars”.)
- WOE to anyone “talking the talk” but never bothering to actually “walk the walk.”