Not wishing to sound like “prophets of doom” but here are some things we really need to pay attention to:
Romans 1: 22 Claiming to be wise, they have become fools! 23 In fact, they have exchanged the glory of the immortal God for mere images, like a mortal human being, or like birds, animals or reptiles! 24 This is why God has given them up to the vileness of their hearts' lusts, to the shameful misuse of each other's bodies. 25 They have exchanged the truth of God for falsehood, by worshiping and serving created things, rather than the Creator - praised be he for ever. Amen.
26 This is why God has given them up to degrading passions; so that their women exchange natural sexual relations for unnatural; 27 and likewise the men, giving up natural relations with the opposite sex, burn with passion for one another, men committing shameful acts with other men and receiving in their own persons the penalty appropriate to their perversion. 28 In other words, since they have not considered God worth knowing, God has given them up to worthless ways of thinking; so that they do improper things.
29 They are filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and vice; stuffed with jealousy, murder, quarreling, dishonesty and ill-will; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God; they are insolent, arrogant and boastful; they plan evil schemes; they disobey their parents; 31 they are brainless, faithless, heartless and ruthless. 32 They know well enough God's righteous decree that people who do such things deserve to die; yet not only do they keep doing them, but they applaud others who do the same. (CJB)
More passages to ponder....
Matthew 24: 3. And while Y'shua was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples drew near and were saying among themselves and to him, "Tell us when these things will be and what is the sign of your coming and the end of the world."
4. Y'shua answered and said to them, Beware, let no man deceive you. 5. For many will come in my name and will say that "I am the Mashiyach." And many they will deceive. 6. For you are bound to hear of revolutions and rumor of wars. Watch out and do not be disturbed, for it is necessary that all these things happen, but it is not yet the end.
7. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and plagues and earthquakes in different places. 8. But all these things are only the beginning of sorrows. 9. Then they will deliver to afflictions and they will kill you and you will be hated by all nations because of my name. 10. Then many will stumble and will hate one another and will betray one another.
11. And many false prophets will arise and deceive many. 12. And because of the growth of iniquity, the love of many will grow cold. 13. But whoever has patience until the end, he will have life. 14. And this Good News of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.... (AENT)
And take a look at this:
Zechariah 13: 7 I will turn my hand against the young ones. 8 In time, throughout that land,” says ADONAI, “two-thirds of those in it will be destroyed — they will die, but one-third will remain. 9 That third part I will bring through the fire; I will refine them as silver is refined, I will test them as gold is tested. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is my people’ and they will say, ‘ADONAI is my God.’” (CJB)
(In the above passage in Zechariah, the word for “fire” in Hebrew is “ba’esh” and means “burning, fiery, fire, flaming, hot.”)
2 Peter 3 says, in part: 3 First, understand this: during the Last Days, scoffers will come, following their own desires 4 and asking, “Where is this promised ‘coming’ of his? For our fathers have died, and everything goes on just as it has since the beginning of creation.”
5 But, wanting so much to be right about this, they overlook the fact that it was by God’s Word that long ago there were heavens, and there was land which arose out of water and existed between the waters, 6 and that by means of these things the world of that time was flooded with water and destroyed. 7 It is by that same Word that the present heavens and earth, having been preserved, are being kept for fire until the Day of Judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. (CJB)
And let's not forget THIS warning:
Revelation 6: 12. And I looked when he had opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black, like sackcloth of hair; and the whole moon became like blood. 13. And the stars of heaven fell on the earth as a fig-tree casts its unripe figs, when it is shaken by a strong wind. 14. And the heavens separated, as a scroll is rolled up: and all mountains and islands were removed out of their places.
15. And the kings of the earth, and the nobles, and the captains of thousands, and the rich men, and the men of valor, and every servant and free man hid themselves in caves, and in the clefts of the mountains; 16. and they said to the mountains and to the clefts, Fall over us, and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17. For the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand? (AENT)
Revelation 16: 8. And the fourth poured his cup upon the sun: and it was permitted him to scorch men with fire. 9. And men were scorched with great heat; and men blasphemed the name of Elohim who has authority over these plagues; and they did not repent, to give glory to Him. 10. And the fifth poured his cup on the throne of the beast of prey; and his kingdom became darkness; and they gnawed their tongues from pain; 11. and they blasphemed the Elohim of heaven on account of their pains and their ulcers, and did not repent of their deeds. (AENT)
(See also Isaiah 13:10; Ezekiel 32:7; Joel 3:15; Matthew 24; Mark 13:24; and Revelation 8:12.)
Now, most are probably sitting in the comfort of their own homes right now, thinking these things won’t happen in their lifetime. But here’s the thing: Read Matthew 24 and the Books of Daniel and Revelation with an open mind and allow the prophesies to sink in.
Have we not been experiencing all kinds of horrific natural disasters bombarding us, one after the other – fires, floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. - all getting ever worse?
Have we not been witnessing mankind, as a whole, becoming more and more evil, decadent and unruly? Have we not been witnessing Muslims “beheading the infidels” (anyone who doesn’t believe their god, Allah)?
These things are ALL outlined in Scripture, which tells us that the end times will be “as in the days of Noah” when YHWH destroyed the earth by water!
Take a look:
Matthew 24: 27 For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. 38 Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39 and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. (CJB)
(For those of you wondering about verse 34 that says: "Truly I say to you, that this tribe will not pass until all these things happen," please go to our website's search engine and type in "Matthew 24 and the interpretation of 'this generation'"...)
Matthew 24: 27. For as the sunshine comes out from the East and is seen even in the West, thus will be the coming of the Son of man. 28. Wherever the carcass is, there will the eagles gather. 29. And immediately after the suffering of those days, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not shine its light. And the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. 30. And then will be seen the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land mourn, when they will see the Son of man who comes upon the clouds of heaven with great power and glory.
31. And he will send his Messengers with a large trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from the four winds from one end of heaven to the other. 32. Now from the fig tree learn a parable. As soon as its branches become tender and bring forth its leaves, you know that summer has arrived.
33. Thus also when you have seen all these things, know that it has arrived at the door. 34. Truly I say to you, that this tribe will not pass until all these things happen. 35. Heaven and earth may pass, but my word will not pass. 36. About the day and about the hour no man knows, not even the Messengers of heaven, but the Father alone
Powerful post. People mock me for believing the biblical record (especially the Creation and the Flood) as being literal.ReplyDelete
Keep standing strong, Kevin. And keep leading people to READ the Bible from cover to cover. That is the key! :)Delete
Have you heard the story about Pope Francis believes a flood will happen? Here's the story:ReplyDelete
I guess Pope Francis doesn't take Scripture literally.
We had not seen that, Kevin. Thank you!Delete