Here’s a story full of irony – about a demon-possessed man, along with his myriad demons, who recognized Yeshua! One has to wonder how that can be, when many men who possess myriad scriptures are unable to do the same….
MARK 5: 1. And he (Yeshua) came to the other side of the sea, to the region of the Gadarenes. 2. And when he went out from the boat, a man who had an unclean spirit happened upon him from the cemetery. 3. And he was dwelling in the cemetery. And no man was able to bind him with chains, because whenever he was bound with fetters and chains, he would break the chains and he would cut the fetters and no man was able to subdue him.
5. Always during the night and during the day he was in the cemetery and in the mountains and he would cry out and cut himself with rocks. And when he saw Y’shua from afar, he ran and worshipped him.
7. And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with you, Y’shua the Son of The Most High Elohim? I adjure you by Elohim that you not torment me. 8. For he was saying to him, Unclean spirit come out from the man. 9. And he asked him, What is your name? He said to him, “Legion is our name, because we are many.” 10. And he entreated him greatly not to send him out of the country.
11. Now there was a large herd of pigs that were feeding near the mountain. 12. And those demons were entreating him and saying, “Send us upon those pigs that we might attack them.” 13. And he permitted them, and those unclean spirits departed and attacked the pigs. And that herd ran to a steep place and fell into the sea, and about two thousand were drowned in the water.
14. And those who were tending them fled and reported it in the city and also in the villages. And they came out to see what had happened. 15. And they came to Y’shua, and they saw the one possessed of demons dressed and sober and sitting - him in whom Legion had been, and they were afraid. 16. Those who had seen related to them how it happened to the one possessed of the demons and also about those pigs. 17. And they began entreating him to depart from their border.
18. And when he went up into a boat, he who was possessed of the demons was entreating him that he might remain with him. 19. But he did not allow him, rather he said to him, Go to your house to your people and relate to them what Master YHWH did for you and how he had mercy on you. 20. And he departed and began to preach in the ten cities what Y’shua had done for him. And all of them were amazed. (AENT)
So, to reiterate – how is it that a demon-possessed man, along with his myriad demons, were able to recognize Yeshua; while so many who possess the pearls of myriad scriptures are unable to do the same?
The answer is: ADONAI blinds the eyes of those who refuse to see! (Isaiah 44:18; John 12:40; 2 Corinthians 4:4)
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated.