I’m always amazed at how true Believers with terminal illnesses handle their upcoming deaths.
Unlike the lamenting and anguished crying or outright anger displayed at God by unbelievers (or the lukewarm), true Believers bravely accept their fate and get busy praying, praising, worshiping and THANKING Him for His grace and mercy for the time they got to spend here on earth where they were allowed the privilege of getting to know Him!
Of course, they’ll ask for “supernatural” healing IF it is His will – but they don’t demand or expect it because they know that everything is in YHWH’s Hands and He will do whatever He wants to do. He does nothing without good reason, and our job is to accept it.
I’ve personally encountered several of these terminally ill folks who said they were tired of the pain and heartbreak of their respective illnesses, and were actually looking forward to leaving their earthly bodies behind and having their spirits ultimately waking up to behold the most glorious sight imaginable: ADONAI’s awesome Presence. Halleluyah!
While none of us can predict how we would react in the face of death, we must keep in mind that “we” are NOT in charge; that everyone eventually dies at some point; and that Scripture gives us some comfort that physical death is NOT the end! Let’s take a look at just some of the scriptures that mention death, dying and being in the Presence of haShem:
Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away. (NRSV)
Genesis 15:15 You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. (NRSV)
Genesis 25:8 Abraham breathed his last and died in a good old age, an old man and full of years, and was gathered to his people. (NIV)
Genesis 49:33 When Jacob had finished giving instructions to his sons, he drew his feet up into the bed, breathed his last and was gathered to his people. (NIV)
Isaiah 57:1 The righteous person perishes, and nobody gives it a thought. Godly men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous person is taken away from the evil yet to come. 2 Yes, those who live uprightly will have peace as they rest on their couches. (CJB)
Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than perfumed oil, and the day of death better than the day of birth. 2 Better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for all are destined to be mourned; the living should lay this to heart. (CJB)
2 Kings 2:10-11: He responded, "You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it will be granted you; if not, it will not." As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into heaven. (NESV)
1 Corinthians 15:41. And the glory of the sun is one thing, and the glory of the moon is another, and the glory of the stars is another; and one star exceeds another star in glory. 42. So (it is) also with the resurrection of the dead. They are sown in corruption, they arise without corruption: 43. They are sown in dishonor, they arise in glory: they are sown in weakness, they arise in power: 44. is sown an animal body, it arises a spiritual body. For there is a body of the animal life, and there is a body of the spirit.
45. So also is it written: “Adam, the first man, became a living soul;” the second Adam (became) a resurrecting spirit. 46. And the spiritual was not first; but the animal, and then the spiritual. 47. The first man was of dust from the earth; the second man was Master YHWH from heaven. 48. As he was of the dust, so also those who are of the dust; and as was he who was from heaven, so also are the heavenly. 49. And as we have worn the likeness of him from the dust, so will we wear the likeness of him from heaven.
50. But this I say, my Brothers that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven: neither does corruption inherit incorruption. 51. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52. Suddenly, as in the twinkling of an eye, at the last shofar, when it will sound; and the dead will arise, without corruption; and we will be changed.
53. For this which is corruptible, is to put on incorruption; and that which dies, will put on immortality. 54. And when that which is corruptible, will put on incorruption, and that which dies, immortality; then will take place the Word that is written, “Death is absorbed in victory.” (AENT)
2 Corinthians 4:17. For the affliction of the present time, though very small and light, prepares for us great glory, without end, for ever and ever; 18. While we look not at these seen things, but at those not seen; for these seen things are temporary, but those not seen are eternal. (AENT)
2 Corinthians 5:8. Therefore we are confident, and desirous to be away from the body, and to be with our Master (Y’shua). 9. We are constantly attentive, that whether we are absent, or whether at home, we may please him. 10. For we are all to stand before the judgment-seat of the Mashiyach, that each may receive retribution in the body, (for) what he has done in it, whether of good, or whether of evil. 11. Therefore because we know the Fear of our Master (Y’shua)  we persuade men; and we are made manifest to Elohim; and I hope also, we are revealed to your minds. (AENT)
NOTE:  Y’shua demonstrated the Fear of YHWH to his disciples. It is Mashiyach Y’shua who judges for YHWH (Shemot/Exodus 23:20-22; John 5:22).
John 11:25. Y’shua said to her, I am the resurrection and the Life. 26. He who believes yet in me will never die! Do you believe this? 27. She said to him, “Yes, my Master, I believe that you are the Mashiyach, the Son of Elohim who has come into the world.” (AENT)
John 14:1. Do not let your heart be troubled. Believe in Elohim and believe in me. 2. There are many rooms in my Father’s House, and if not I would have told you so. For I go to prepare a place for you. 3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again for you and take you with me, that where I am, you may be also. 4. And you know where I go and the way you know. (AENT)
Romans 8:18. For I consider well that the sufferings of the present are not comparable with the glory which is to be perfected in us. 19. For the whole creation is hoping and waiting for the development of the sons of Elohim. 20. For the creation was subjected to vanity, not by its own choice, but because of him who subjected it 21. In the hope that also the creation itself would be emancipated from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the sons of Elohim. 22. For we know, that all the creatures are groaning and labors in pain to this day.
23. And not only they, but we also in whom are the first fruits of the Spirit, we groan within ourselves and look anxiously for the adoption of sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24. Therefore we live in hope. Although hope that is seen is not hope; for if we saw it, how should we hope for it? 25. But if we hope for that which is not seen, we are in patient waiting. 26. So also the Spirit aids our weakness. For we are not cognizant of what to pray for in a proper manner; but the Spirit prays for us with groans beyond description. 27. And the searcher of hearts, he knows what is the mind of the Spirit; because he prays for the Set Apart believers, agreeably to the will of Elohim.
28. And we know that he aids him in all things, for good, who love Elohim; them whom he called from before our beginnings according to his purpose. 29. And he knew them previously; and he sealed them with the likeness of the image of his Son; that He might be the first-born of many brothers. 30. And those whom he previously sealed, them he called: and those whom he called, them he made righteous: and those whom he made righteous, them he glorified.
31. What then will we say of these things? If Elohim (is) for us; who (is) against us? 32. And, if he spared not his Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not give us all things, “with him?” 3. Who will set himself against the chosen of Elohim? It is Elohim who justifies. 34. Who is it that condemns? Mashiyach died and arose and is on the right hand of Elohim, and makes intercession for us. 35. What will sever me from the love of Mashiyach? Will affliction or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or the sword?
36. As it is written: For your sake, we die daily: and we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37. But in all these things we are victorious by means of him who loved us. 38. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor Messengers nor principalities, nor powers nor things present nor things to come, 39. Nor height nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to sever me from the love of Elohim which is in our Master Y’shua the Mashiyach. (AENT)
1 Thessalonians 4: 16. Because our Master (Y’shua) will himself descend from heaven with the mandate and with the voice of the chief Messenger and with the Qarna of Elohim; and the dead who are in the Mashiyach will first arise; 17. and then we who survive and are alive will be caught up together with them to the clouds to meet our Master (Y’shua) in the air; and so will we be ever with our Master. 18. And so, comfort you one another with these words. (AENT)
Revelation 12: 11. And they overcame him, because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony: and they loved not their life, even to death. (AENT)
Revelation 14: 13. And I heard a voice from heaven, saying: Write, Blessed are the dead that die in Master YHWH from now on: yes, says the Spirit, that they may rest from their toils; for their deeds do accompany them. (AENT)