Yes, this "human sacrifice thing” is a true thorn in the sides of Jewish "counter-missionary" Yeshua rejecters ... and it's only because they've never understood that in the case of Mashiyach, his shed blood is counted as the acceptable sacrifice, the Lamb of YHWH, which is most Set Apart unto YHWH!
Why? Well, let's find out, using Ephesians 5 to help us understand:
1. Be therefore imitators of Elohim as beloved children: 2. And walk in love; as the Mashiyach also has loved us and has given up himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to Elohim, for a sweet aroma. 3. But sexual sin and all impurity and greed, do not let them be at all heard from among you, as such (denials) are not becoming of the Set Apart believers; 4. Neither obscenities nor words of foolishness, or of division, or of falsehood, which are not useful; but instead of these, thanksgiving.
5. For you know this: That every man who is a sexual sinner, or impure, or greedy, or a worshipper of idols has no inheritance in the Kingdom of the Mashiyach and of Elohim. 6. Let no man deceive you with desolate words; for it is on account of these things that the wrath of Elohim comes on the children of disobedience.
7. Therefore don't be like them. 8. For you were up to now darkness, but now are light in our Master. Therefore, as the children of light, walk you that way. 9. For the fruits of the light are in all goodness and righteousness and truth. 10. And search out what is beautiful before our Master (Y'shua): 11. And have no commerce with the works of darkness which are unfruitful, but reject them.
12. For the things they do in secret, it is sickening even to mention. 13. For all things are exposed and made manifest by the light: and all things that are revealed, are light. 14. Therefore it is said: Awake you who are asleep and arise from the dead, and the Mashiyach will illuminate you.
5. See therefore, that you walk with spiritual knowledge; not like the simple, 16. But like the wise who purchase their opportunity; because the days are evil. 17. Therefore, do not lack in understanding; but understand what is the will of Elohim. 18. And don't be drunk with wine in which is rebellion; but be filled with the Spirit. 19. And converse with yourselves in psalms and hymns; and with your hearts sing to Master YHWH in spiritual songs. (Aramaic English New Testament)
Offerings "qurbana" and sacrifices "dabekha" are two different entities. Although there are certain aspects to Mashiyach's death that are utterly unique to him (Zechariah 12:10, etc.), his death nevertheless echoes aspects of offerings and sacrifices that came before. The qurbana is the human life (nefesh) that Y'shua voluntarily offers up on the stake. The result of that offering is his blood put out on the "altar"; hence dabekha.
However, this is certainly not, as some critics suggest, human sacrifice! Rather, this indicates Y'shua's status as Mashiyach ben Yoseph. Per strict accordance with Isaiah 53 and Genesis 22:8, Mashiyach ben Yoseph was required to suffer and die. After his death, the offering of himself became a sacrifice that was taken up, and he was resurrected three days later. Many of YHWH's prophets also suffered and were martyred at the hands of those who fought against the Malchut Elohim.
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated.