I recently attended a service and heard that in the end time God will raise a Joel's Army. But as I glanced through the Book of Joel, Joel's Army is army of Locusts, destroyer of land, which in the later part will be dealt with by God. Can you enlighten me this?
According to some preachers, Joel's Army is prophesied to become an Armageddon-ready military force of young people with a divine mandate to physically impose Christian "dominion" on non-believers. But nowhere in the Bible are we told that mere men will do much of anything, let alone do actual battle....
Yeshua will do that, along with those He "raptured" at His Second Coming, which doesn't happen until 7 years AFTER the Antichrist (whoever he turns out to be) signs a seven year peace treaty with Israel.
YHWH tells His army to STAND and He fights for them. They muster at Har Megiddo and march to Jerusalem and then the battle is won - but we are told nothing on the battle itself.
Daniel 9:26 Then, after the sixty-two weeks, Mashiyach will be cut off and have nothing. The people of a prince yet to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary, but his end will come with a flood, and desolations are decreed until the war is over. 27 He will make a strong covenant with leaders for one week [of years]. For half of the week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the grain offering. On the wing of detestable things the desolator will come and continue until the already decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator."
Revelation 16:16. And they collected them together in a place called, in Hebrew, Armageddon (in Hebrew: Har Megiddo). 17. And the seventh poured his cup on the air; and there issued a loud voice from the temple, from the throne, which said: It is done! 18. And there were flashes of lightning, and thunders, and voices; and there was a great earthquake, the like of which there was never, since men were on the earth, such an earthquake, and so great. 19. And the great city became three parts. And the city of the nations fell; and Babylon the great was remembered before Elohim, to give her the cup of the wine of the heat of his wrath.
20. And every island fled away; and the mountains were not found. 21. And a great hail, as it were of a talent weight, fell from heaven upon men: and the men blasphemed Elohim on account of the plague of hail; for the plague of it was very great. Revelation 17: 14. They will make war upon the Lamb; and the Lamb will vanquish them; because he is Master of Masters and King of Kings, and these with him (are) called and chosen and faithful.
Revelation 19:7. Let us rejoice and exult, and give glory to him: for the marriage supper of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. 8. And it was granted her to be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean: for fine linen is the righteousnesses of the Set Apart believers. 9. And he said to me, Write; Blessed are they who are called to the supper of the marriage feast of the Lamb. And he said to me, These my (sayings) are the true Words of Elohim.
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, See that you do not do this; I am your fellow-servant and of those your Brothers who have the testimony of Y'shua. Worship you Elohim: for the testimony of Y'shua is the Spirit of Prophecy. 11. And I saw heaven opened: and lo, a white horse; and he that sat on it is called Faithful and True: and in righteousness he judges, and makes war. 12. His eyes (were) like a flame of fire, and on his head (were) many diadems; and he had names inscribed; and the name which was written on him, no one knew, except himself. 13. And he was clothed with a vesture sprinkled with blood; and his name is called, The Word of Elohim.
14. And the army of heaven followed him on white horses, clad in garments of fine linen, pure (and) white. 15. And from his mouth issued a sharp two-edged sword, that with it he could strike the nations; and he will rule the nations with a rod of iron; and he will tread the wine-press of the wrath of Elohim Almighty. 16. And he has upon his vesture and upon his thigh the words written: King of Kings, and Master of Masters. 17. And I saw an Messenger standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven: Come you, assemble to this great supper of Elohim;
18. that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains of thousands, and the flesh of valiant men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all the free-born and of slaves, and of the small and the great. 19. And I saw the beast of prey and the kings of the earth and their warriors, that they assembled to wage battle with him who sat on the (white) horse, and with his warriors.
20. And the beast of prey was captured, and the false prophet that was with him, who did those prodigies before him, whereby he seduced them who had received the mark of the beast of prey and who worshipped his image. And they were both cast alive into the lake of fire which burns with sulfur. 21. And the rest were slain by the sword of him that sat on the horse, by that (sword) which issues from his mouth: and all the fowls were satiated with their flesh.